WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOR YOUR SCHOOL?
Tuesday 17th January 2006 at Wigan PDC
· Key staff from schools and services involved with schools
· Members of governing bodies
Statutory implementation of ‘Every Child Matters’ begins in April, 2005. In the Autumn Term, inspections carried out under the new schedule will include judgements about the extent to which the school is contributing to the ‘five key outcomes’ for children and young people.
What will the event cover?
This event provides an early opportunity to become familiar with policy and strategy in the areas of concern, and to consider review and implementation strategies with colleagues. This is a ‘thinking’ day but with a strong steer from the providers. Cross-phase attendance, and attendance by health and social welfare professionals actively involved with schools, is encouraged.
· To provide a background and briefing on the policy and intended outcomes
· To foster discussion on review and implementation processes
· To build confidence
What will be the outcome of the event?
On completion delegates should have:
· A clear picture of what is required
· Knowing where to start and what to do in your own school
· Knowing where to look for advice and support
To Book and Secure your place call Wigan PDC on 01942 767 120